Helping needy families!
Passion of Christ ministries seeks to end hunger and poverty by empowering people to lead lives of self-reliance, meet their own basic needs and build better futures for their children. Passion of Christ ministries carries out its mission through three essential activities: mobilizing village clusters at the grassroots level to build self-reliance, empowering women as key change agents, and forging effective partnerships with local government. Our vision of the future is not based on everyone achieving a high-consumption lifestyle, which is environmentally unsustainable. Nor does it permit one-sixth of the human family to continue to live in abject poverty. Passion of Christ ministry is committed to transcending this polarity and creating a future that rejects the inevitability of hunger and recognizes the limitations of a consumerist society.
Achieving the sustainable end of hunger means creating a new future for all humanity, a future where
- every day, every person has enough of the right food to be healthy and productive;
- babies are born healthy and strong, and girl babies are prized as much as boy babies;
- children stay alive, so parents can have smaller families;
- women and girls are full partners in society;
- people have control over their own lives and destinies, and all individuals have a chance to contribute; and
- The values of honoring human beings and nature flourish.